Saturday, February 05, 2011

[Workaround][Error][Solved] java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01882: timezone region not found

Problem :

I tried connecting a Java Web Project in one of my laptop to an Oracle XE DB running another laptop. When I ran my application from JDeveloper I got the below error

java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01882: timezone region  not found

Workaround :

After a bit of Googling I found out the following solution to get around this issue. 

1. Go Tools > Project Properties then

2. (Project Properties) open select Run/Debug/Profile > in right you will see Default > Double click here or click Edit 


3. (Edit run configuration) select Launch Settings > in 'Java option' text item past this line 

-Duser.timezone=GMT  (Make sure you won't type GMT in quotes)

4. Close and re-open JDeveloper 

5. Run entire project

Happy Coding!

Posted via email from My Hello World!

No comments: